From Monday 19 June 2017
To Thursday 22 June 2017
Hits : 2081
31st international Forum for Research into Ice Shelf Processes (FRISP) workshop will be held in Bergen, June 19th-22nd, 2017. The meeting will take place at Panorama Hotell and Resort on Sotra, an island outside Bergen, Norway.
The FRISP meeting is for scientists working on ice shelf processes meeting in an informal setting and exchanging ideas, results and field plans. As always, we welcome presentations on all aspects of ice shelf research, including, but not limited to:
- formation, flow and disintegration of ice shelves and tidewater glaciers
- response of ice shelves and tidewater glaciers to past, present and future climate variability
- surface and basal mass balance of ice shelves
- ice-ocean interaction at the calving front of ice shelves and tidewater glaciers
- mass transport across the grounding line
- ocean circulation and water mass transformation beneath ice shelves and within pro-glacial fjords
- impact of ice shelves on the global ocean
- processes controlling the delivery of ocean heat to glaciated coastlines
- climate records from on or near current or former ice shelves
- iceberg calving, drift, melting, and decay
Registration is now open - follow the link to the registration form.
Deadline for students applying for financial support is March 15th, 2017. APPLY HERE.
Deadline for registration and payment of conference fee is April 10th, 2017.
Visit the workshop website for more details.
Location Bergen, Norway