Early career researchers planning to apply to the 2019 SCAR and COMNAP Fellowship schemes are invited to participate in an online webinar that will introduce the available Fellowships and provide advice and practical tips on applying.
We are delighted that 2019 has seen an increase in the availability of Fellowships for Early Career Researchers through both the SCAR and COMNAP Fellowship schemes. In partnership with APECS, both organisations would like to provide the opportunity to explain the additional opportunities and eligibility criteria for the schemes. This follows the success of the first webinar hosted in 2016 by APECS and dedicated to the preparation of a successful proposal (recording available at https://vimeo.com/165109392) which was followed by a similar webinar in Spanish provided in 2017 (recording available at https://vimeo.com/220423351), which provided tips and suggestions for Spanish speakers writing applications in English.
The webinar will be held on June 3rd at 1900 GMT and participants can register at: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_YXSlHApxTQalaW6VZ8FTCw
Panelists will include representatives of SCAR, COMNAP and APECS as well previous Fellows, and topics covered will include:
- Introduction to the various fellowships available (SCAR, SCAR/WMO, COMNAP, COMNAP/IAATO)
- Outline of how to apply (technicalities)
- Key changes in criteria and application process for 2019
- Success of previous Fellows
- The application process as useful training in itself
- Practical tips for preparing an application
- How to find further mentoring assistance
- Answering questions submitted during the webinar and in advance
Questions can be sent at any time on the SCAR Fellowships through the online query form available here. If you cannot attend but have a question you would like answered either use the form or contact the relevant organisation and we will try to have the question answered during the webinar. A recording will be available for access shortly afterwards.