XXIX SCAR Delegates Meeting
17-19 July 2006, Hobart, Australia
SCAR XXIX IP07: Report of SCAR History Group
Infomation Paper 7
Agenda Item: 6.1.3
Posted/Revised: May 1
Person Responsible: Ludeck
Estimated SCAR funding required for the next 2 years (in USD): 5.000 USD
Summary of five main achievements (highlights):
- Establishment of action group consisting of polar scientists, historians of science and other scholars interested in history of Antarctic research.
- Organisation of the first workshop on the history of Antarctic research at Munich on 1-2 July 2005.
- Collection of papers and review process of the contributions of the 1st workshop.
- Publication of the proceedings of the 1st workshop.
- Organisation of the 2nd workshop to be held at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Chile in Santiago (Chile) on 21-23 September 2006 has already started.
Report also includes progress against prior work, proposed work plan for the next two years, IPY contributions, recommendations and membership.