Antarctic Near-Shore and Terrestrial Observation System (ANTOS) Expert Group - 2018-19 Report
Expert Group of the Life Sciences, Physical Sciences and Geosciences Groups
Report Author: Craig Cary (New Zealand)
- ANTOS representation at SCAR Integrated Science for the Sub Antarctic (ISSA) Workshop, 10-13 October 2018.
- Matched funding to develop an ANTOS terrestrial survey protocol.
- 2-3 workshops planned for later in 2019.
- Italian National Programme will support installation of four new ANTOS Tier 1 systems in four locations near to Terra Nova Bay.
- Agreement to develop a prototype telemeted (iridium) system much needed for the near-shore component of ANTOS.