The Antarctic for a better world
2023 SCAR SC-HASS Conference: June 22nd-24th, Lisbon, Portugal
The SCAR SCHASS Conference Organizing Committee is pleased to announce the theme and website for the 2023 SC-HASS Biennial Conference: The Antarctic for a Better World
Conference website: https://scarschass2023.ulusofona.pt/
After three years of restrictions and lockdowns, the time has finally come for an in-person SC HASS conference. What a timely opportunity this is! As human relations across the globe destabilize, and our planet’s fragile ecosystems are threatened by climate change, Antarctica remains a place of wonder, curiosity, and ingenuity, where humans from all four corners of the world team-up with one shared purpose: The Antarctic for a better world.
Papers will be welcomed from all disciplinary fields in the social sciences, humanities and arts concerning the Antarctic and Sub-Antarctic regions. Interdisciplinary approaches are welcome, including those from the life and medical sciences.
The call for papers is currently open
Deadline for submissions: February 13th, 2023
Notification of acceptance: February 21st, 2023
Early bird registration: Opens January 3rd 2023, ends May 1st, 2023
Regular registration: Starts May 2nd, 2023 and remains open until June 22nd, 2023
- Panel session. For 3 to 5 speakers who wish to present a collection of papers on a common topic.
- Round table. For 3 to 5 speakers who wish to promote reflection and active discussion on common topic.
- Individual oral presentation. For anyone wishing to give an oral presentation on their research.
- Individual poster. For anyone who wishes to present a poster on their research.
All abstracts, including for panel sessions, individual oral presentations, and posters should be submitted:
- Using the template available in the SCAR Library. Download here.
- Saved and submitted in PDF format.
On behalf of the SCAR SC-HASS Biennial Conference Organizing Committee,
Convenor, 2023 SCAR SC-HASS Biennial Conference
Associate Professor, ECEO, Universidade Lusófona