XIII SCAR Biology Symposium, 31 July - 4 August 2023, Christchurch, New Zealand
Welcome to Aotearoa New Zealand and specifically Ōtautahi Christchurch, where the organisers invite you to join them for the XIII SCAR Biology Symposium to be held from 31 July to 4 August 2023.
The goal is to bring together the world’s leading scientists and early career researchers in Antarctic Biology for the first face-to-face SCAR meeting in 3 years.
Conference website: https://www.confer.co.nz/scarbiology2023/
Call for Abstracts now open
The SCAR Biology Symposium organising committee invites you to submit an abstract for consideration and inclusion in the technical programme. The programme will include four days of invited keynotes, plenaries and concurrent sessions.
Deadline for Submission: 21 March 2023
Authors Notified: 18 April 2023
Early Bird Registration Closes: 23 May 2023
1. Acclimation, adaptation and resilience of Antarctic flora and fauna
2. Ecosystem patterns and processes
3. Antarctic Microbial Ecology, Primary Production and Biogeochemistry
4. Pelagics, Mesopelagics and Demersals of the Southern Ocean
5. Teleconnections between Ecosystems
6. Molecular Ecology, Biogeography and Biosecurity
7. Environmental Management and Protection
8. Humans in Antarctica and Anthropogenic Impacts
9. Technological Advances, Development and Applications
10. Data Analysis and Modelling
11. Sea Ice Biology and its Impact on the Southern Ocean
12. Marine Mammals and Birds
13. Emerging Trends and Opportunities in Antarctic Biology
The organisers are making a dedicated effort to attract >100 early career researchers from around the world and help ensure that they can attend SCAR Biology 2023. In order to achieve this lofty goal, they will be looking for any institutions interested in partnering with SCAR Biology Symposium by offering funding to support early career researcher and student attendance or, as a general symposium sponsor.