In 2017 SERCE will co-host a training school on Glacial Seismology, and a 3-day workshop on Glacial Isostatic Adjustment & Elastic Deformation:
- Glacial Seismology Training School – 11th-17th June 2017, Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
Closing date for applications: 31st Jan 2017
The training school will be led by Rick Aster, co-sponsored by POLENET-ANET.
- Workshop on ‘Glacial Isostatic Adjustment & Elastic Deformation’ – 5-7th September 2017, Reykjavik, Iceland
The meeting is organized by Abbas Khan, joint with IAG. Support for Early Career Researchers will be available.
SERCE-facing sessions have also been proposed for EGU 2017 and SCAR 2018. Details will be advertised once the list of sessions is finalized
Three other meetings to be held in 2017 that may be of interest:
- PAIS (Past Antarctic Ice Sheet Dynamics) meeting in Trieste, Italy – 10th-16th September, 2017
- WCRP meeting on Regional Sea Level Changes and Coastal Impacts, New York, USA – 10th-14th July, 2017
- IAG-IASPEI Meeting (Geodesy and Seismology), Kobe, Japan – 30th July - 4th August, 2017
Plans for a number of other SERCE-sponsored workshops and summer schools are in the pipeline for 2018 and beyond, including:
- Workshop on Antarctic Heat Flux, led by Jacqui Halpin and Anya Reading, Hobart, Australia (2017/2018?)
- Workshop on feedbacks between GIA and ice dynamics, including consideration of lateral Earth structure, potentially joint with WCRP (2018?)
- Re-run of the GIA training school
- Polar Geodesy Field School, led by Mirko Scheinert (2018?)