EG-ABI is an inclusive group and membership is open to anyone. Members are welcome to engage with EG-ABI to whatever degree suits them, from actively collaborating in EG-ABI projects, participating in selected workshops and other events, or simply observing communication on the mailing list or other information channels.
EG-ABI is led by a core group of around 10 members, with numbers varying depending on current activities. Members of the core leadership group take an active role in the community, for example by leading one or more EG-ABI activities or acting as liaison with other groups.
Chief officer: Ben Raymond (Australian Antarctic Division, Australia)
Deputy chief officer: Anton Van de Putte (Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences, Belgium)
- Anne-Sophie Archambeau (Muséum national d’Histoire naturelle, France)
- Bruno Danis (Université libre de Bruxelles, Belgium)
- Claude De Broyer (Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences, Belgium)
- Huw Griffiths (British Antarctic Survey, United Kingdom)
- Kerstin Jerosch (Alfred Wegener Institute, Germany)
- Alison Murray (Desert Research Institute, USA)
- Yan Ropert-Coudert (Centre national de la recherche scientifique, France)
- Jose Xavier (University of Coimbra, Portugal)