Daniela Liggett is an Associate Professor at Gateway Antarctica, School of Earth and Environment at the University of Canterbury and is currently the co-chair of SCAR's Standing Committee on Humanities and Social Sciences (SC-HASS). She is particularly interested in qualitative research, which crosses different disciplines and challenges conventional research paradigms. Daniela’s research interests include Antarctic environmental governance and human engagement with the polar regions as well as complex polar futures. She is involved in the Polar Prediction Project’s Societal and Economic Research and Applications (PPP-SERA) task team and has contributed to UN Environment’s Global Environmental Outlook.
- Research projects / interests:
- Values in decision-making
- Antarctic tourism
- Interdisciplinary polar research
- Antarctic governance
- Environmental regime effectiveness
- Environmental management of wilderness regions
- For publications visit: UC SPARK Page
Keywords: Tourism, Environment, Polar Governance, Policy, Values.