Peder Roberts is associate professor of modern history at the University of Stavanger and a researcher in the Division of History of Science, Technology and Environment at KTH Royal Institute of Technology. He earned a PhD in history (history of science) from Stanford University in 2010 and also worked at the University of Strasbourg before coming to KTH. Peder leads the European Research Council project Greening the Poles: Science, the Environment, and the Creation of the Modern Arctic and Arctic (2017-2022) in addition to working on a range of projects related to the history of science, natural resources, and environmental management and politics in the polar regions.
- Research projects / interests:
- History of polar science and exploration
- History of Arctic mining and environmental governance
- Colonisation and decolonisation
- Comparative Arctic and Antarctic history
Keywords: Antarctic History, Arctic history, Polar Exploration, Mining, Environmental Governance, Colonisation.