Ria Olivier is co-investigator, project manager and digital archivist of the Antarctic Legacy of South Africa, Stellenbosch University; sponsored by National Research Foundation, Department of Science and Innovation, South Africa as part of the South African National Antarctic Programme (SANAP).
Research projects / interests:
- Archiving heritage material of South Africans in Antarctica and Sub-Antarctic Islands.
- Marine and Antarctic Research Strategy (MARS) committee, with specific involvement:
- one of the thematic (vertical) areas : Human Enterprise
- the following six cross-cutting (horizontal) support interventions :
- Public awareness and engagement
- Data management
- SA representative at Standing Committee on Antarctic Data Management (SCADM), SCAR.
- SA representative at Standing Committee on Humanities and social Sciences (SC-HASS), SCAR.
- SCHASS representative for humanities and social science data at SCADM.
- Member of Network of Data and Information Curation Communities (NEDICC), South Africa.
- Member of LIASA linked to IFLA.
- Establishing digital/virtual museums of South Africa Antarctic Involvement for all communities of South Africa.
- Research on information management.
Keywords: Antarctic Legacy of South Africa, Heritage, Archives, South Africa, Sub-Antarctic, Digitising, Museums, Awareness, Project Management.