- PAIS Final Report - 31 March 2021
PAIS Subcommittee on Paleobathymetry-Paleotopography Workshop (POLAR 2018) - Davos, Switzerland - 19 June 2018
PAIS Subcommittee on Paleobathymetry & Paleotopography workshop - Trieste, Italia - 13 September 2017
PAIS conference Side Events - Trieste, Italia - 9-15 September 2017
5th Antartica's cemozoic ice and climate history - A&M University (Texas), 9-11 May 2016
- pdf 5th Polar Marine Diatom Workshop (255 KB) - University of Salamanca (Spain), 19-24 July 2015
- pdf Paleoclimate Records from the Antarctic Margin and Southern Ocean (PRAMSO) workshop (183 KB) - Auckland (New Zealand), 23 August 2014
- pdf MOCA Joint Model-data workshop for the Late Pleistocene evolution of the Greenland and Antarctic ice sheets LGGE (41 KB) - Grenoble, 22 and 24 May 2014
- pdf IODP-751Full (Ross Sea) Proposal Revision Workshop (118 KB) - St. Petersburg (FL, USA), 12-16 June 2013
- pdf Antarctic and Southern Ocean Future Drilling Workshop (705 KB) - Portland (Oregon, USA), 13-14 July 2012
Terms of Reference
PAIS will accomplish its objectives by:
- facilitating the planning of new data-acquisition missions using emerging technologies;
- encouraging data sharing and integration of spatially targeted transect data with modelling studies; and
- initiating/expanding cross linkages among Antarctic research communities.
The PAIS Scientific Programme will be led by a Steering Committee (SC) of 15-20 persons. The Steering Committee has a wide knowledge of thematic issues and has appropriate regional (field), technical and logistical experience. The SC will include a Data Coordinator and a member from APECS. SC members will serve for a 3-year term, with the possibility of extension depending on contribution and performance. The founding co-chairs will stand down in 2016, to avoid complete rotations of the SC. The SC will meet at least once a year in coordination with major international symposia including AGU and EGU.